negitive pitch on the ground

Everything related to the Intrepid Gasser, including the EB versions

Moderator: v22chap

negitive pitch on the ground

Postby kelly steed » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:21 am

I never did try this, need some info on this.Going to try doing alot more flying this year with out the camra mount on.Had proplems last year trying to fly with no weight,no power,to rich,the choper pulled harder with gear under.if I go -9.5 full throtle or what ever I can pull, -5 hover point on my stick,whats this going to do for me when I reverse them and go flying.
kelly steed

Postby cbergen » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:35 pm

If you're using a bird for two different applications or in two or more different ways, I suggest setting up a different model in your radio for each application.

What you were seeing, I believe, was the "unloaded" setup of your heli. What I mean is, you had the radio programmed as if you were flying with a camera mount, but when you tried to fly with it removed, it sucked.

Another thing that is changed is tuning the engine. Typically, with a payload, the engine is tuned richer, needles farther out, than when the heli is "empty".

Point is, the setups are different, the tuning is different, for the different types of flying or use of the heli.
Chris Bergen
Bergen R/C Helicopters
cbergen

Return to Intrepid Gasser and EB