Starting to have fun with my Intrepid EB.

Everything related to the Intrepid Gasser, including the EB versions

Moderator: v22chap

Starting to have fun with my Intrepid EB.

Postby please don't crash » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:12 pm

I got my helicopter used and after running it a couple of times found several small things wrong with it. One of the biggest things I found was that the primer bulb on the carburetor had a pin hole in it. I also started out using premium fuel in it and soon found out that was a mistake. I am actually a begginer at all this. I can hover and gad about my yard some. I am not rushing things with this helicopter. I learned that rushing things just leads to crashes. I have a few smaller electric helicopters I started to learn on. At first I was crashing and waiting on parts allot more than what I was getting to fly. Then I got the Great Planes G3.5 simulator and that helped me allot. I got a video of my helicopter that you can see by following this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfTUGU1rXIs

Like I said I am a begginer so nothing fancy here. But then everyone has to start someplace.
please don't crash

Back in the saddle.

Postby please don't crash » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 pm

I crashed my helicopter last September. It took me until this spring to be able to get all the parts I needed to fix it. I not only replaced what was damaged in the crash but a lot of parts that showed a good bit of wear on them. I bought this helicopter used and was told it hardly had any time on it. Oh well live and learn. It was still good since I did have a nice gasser helicopter. After installing all the parts and getting things adjusted the best I could it was finally time to fire it up and try it out. I could not get it to stabilize, like the gyro wasn't working at all. I tried a lot of things and ended up calling Chris Bergen for some help. He filled me in on several things that I didn't know but it still didnt' seem to make much difference. The gyro I am using is the Futaba Gy401. The directions that came with it says to set the one switch to normal flight if your main blades spin clockwise so that is where I left the switch. After many attemps to fix the problem I figured I would try something silly. I set the tiny switch to reverse and low and behold the helicopter began to fly pretty good. After that I went back and re-read the instructions and each time the way they read I have things set wrong but they work. So after much time I am finally back to getting to fly my helicopter. With the new engine, and all the other parts this thing is sweet to say the least. Talk about a well made, nice machine.
please don't crash

Return to Intrepid Gasser and EB